What to Bring to Treatment
What to bring when you come to New Destiny:
- Bring enough clothes to last a week (clients are assigned one day per week to do laundry). You may want to bring dress clothes for Chapel and other special services, but they are not required.
- You may bring your own toiletries (razors, shaving cream, deodorant, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.), but everything must be alcohol free.
- If you are a tobacco user, you must provide your own tobacco products. Any tobacco products brought by you or your family must be new and unopened in the original packaging.
- New Destiny provides snacks on a daily basis so there is no need to bring any outside snack items.
- You may bring your own bed linens (bed sheets, covers, and towels). If you are unable to bring your own, we will provide them for you.
- You may bring your own laundry detergent but it is not required.
- You may bring a radio, CD player, or MP3 player, however, these devices may not have the abiltiy to connect to the internet and any music you bring must NOT have content that emphasizes sexual immorality, drug use, or violence.
- You will most likely want to bring an alarm clock. Wake up calls are made each morning, however, you are ultimately responsible to get yourself up and ready for the day.
- Bring any medications that you are currently taking or are supposed to be taking. Turn these into NDTC staff immediately upon arriving (medications are dispensed from the nurse’s office each morning).
- Do NOT bring: TV’s, computers, cell phones, electronic game systems, weapons of any kind, street drugs, or medications that are not prescribed to you.
- Bring your photo I.D., insurance card, Medicaid card, Birth Certificate, and Social Security card.
If you are unsure whether something is permitted, please call the office for further clarification.