POSITION OPEN: FULL TIME LPN (2nd Shift)
Agency: New Destiny Treatment Center
Position: Fulltime, Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Hours: 2pm to 10pm Monday through Friday
The LPN functions under the supervision and guidance of the Nursing Supervisor or Physician and participates in the multi-disciplinary process of providing care and treatment to patients and provides clinical support and technical assistance to the professional medical staff and other staff. The LPN is responsible for functioning within the scope of practice dictated by the authority of the Ohio Administrative Code and the Ohio Board of Nursing. Individual must be able to manage demanding workload with accuracy. Position requires excellent customer service skills with patients, and their families, other staff, physicians, vendors and the public.
- Assists physicians with patient office visits, including placing patients in rooms, interviewing patients, recording vital signs including pulse rate, blood pressure and weight, and enters information in patient’s record.
- Performs select clinical tests including, but not limited to: urine drug screens, blood glucose monitoring. Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Administers and documents medication under physician’s order and follows the five medication rights and reduces the potential for medical error.
- Observes, records, and reports changes in patients’ condition.
- Carries out medical asepsis during treatments and special procedures.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Red Bag Waste.
- Labels and processes patient specimens as needed.
- Organizes clinic, including general cleaning, upkeep, and re-stocking of supplies.
- Fields clinic telephone calls and responds accordingly.
- Demonstrates appropriate hand washing technique to insure proper infection control and follows universal precautions.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Current OH LPN license required.
- Basic Life Support certification is required.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care according to individual needs.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of clinical risk.
- Must demonstrate consistent professional conduct and meticulous attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills with patients, staff, and other health care professionals.
- Familiarity with use of a computer.
Send resumes to: